- In lieu of toys, pack a set of binoculars, a nature journal and some coloured pencils and encourage your kids to draw what they discover.
- Pack practical clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or stained. A weekend of exploring is bound to come with a lot of dirt and sand. Walking shoes, hats and sunscreen are also essential.
- Discovering new places often presents the opportunity to read signs and pamphlets; the perfect opportunity for your early reader to practise their reading.
- Let your kids try new things even if they’re hesitant. Encourage them to walk along rocks, balance on fallen trees and discover the joy of accomplishing something new. It’s so great for their confidence!
- Let them help when you set up your tent/caravan or when you’re settling into your cabin. And when everything is done, walk/scoot/bike ride around the park so you can discover what’s there.
- Visit the information stand in reception and choose some pamphlets that take your interest. Plan your day with your kids and ask them where they want explore. When they choose their own adventure their excitement levels are high!
Plan your getaway
Explore travel stories, idyllic destinations, inspiration for your next getaway, handy travel tips and all our latest news.Read more