At NRMA Atherton Tablelands Holiday Park we’re passionate about preserving the beautiful Tropical North region we call home.
Our commitment and dedication in providing a tourism experience that not only ensures a memorable holiday for our guests but also protects the natural environment was recognised in 2011 when we received Eco Certification in nature-based tourism.
This accreditation informs travellers that they’ve chosen to stay in environmentally, socially and economically sustainable accommodation. To achieve this certification, the park was required to meet specific criteria, addressing the core principles of eco-tourism including:
- Minimising waste and implementing a recycling program
- Purchasing locally and in bulk
- Employing locals
- Implementing the use of recycled paper in our office and having a “no print email” policy
- Having an environmental-friendly marketing program
- Implementing an environmental policy in our cabins and park facilities
- Ensuring water saving devices are used throughout the park
- Working with and supporting our local community
In April 2015, the park was awarded Silver for TripAdvisor’s Worldwide Green Leader Program. This program was developed by TripAdvisor in conjunction with United National Environment Programme, Eco Tourism Australia and Earth Check to assist travellers to identify and book with environmentally friendly accommodation providers.