- Pack minimal clothing for everyone because chances are you’ll rotate the same 2-3 outfits throughout your stay. In most cases your children will spend all day in their swimmers! And if you need to do washing, every caravan park has washing machines and dryers although I highly recommend bringing a packet of pegs with you.
- If you’re travelling to caravan park with a pool or near the beach, pack swimmers, rashies, goggles, hats and thongs for everyone! And if you’re planning on beach visits with toddlers I suggest you buy a hooded towel because it will save your sanity when your little one wants to be warm but can’t hold a towel on.
- Do your grocery shopping before you arrive so you don’t have to think about leaving the park for food. We always plan our meals for the week and buy accordingly, stocking up on meat, fruit + veg and plenty of snacks. If we do run out of milk or bread there’s always a convenience store at the park with a good supply of essentials.
- You only need one toiletry bag for the whole family and keep it simple – soap, shampoo and conditioner, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Make sure you’ve got a well-stocked medical kit with pain relief, band-aids, suncream and insect repellent. If anyone in your family has script medication bring it with you. Peace of mind is important if relaxation is your priority.
- Leave the toys behind! Honestly, your kids will make their own fun as they’ll be so intrigued by the park and exploring all it has to offer. And you’ll be surprised by how much fun a child can have with sticks, dirt and a few rocks. That said, we always have books for story time and beach toys for sandcastle building.
- Consider rainy days and prepare accordingly. Regardless of when you travel the weather can be unpredictable so packing some craft activities – watercolours, colouring books and pencils – is always a good idea. If the rain is relentless consider visiting the local library; they are always welcoming of travellers and often have toys for kids to play with as well as craft supplies and storytime.
- Bring a book. Or two! Holidays aren’t complete without a good book to read. And getting off your phone/screen really does wonders for your mindset.
Save big on quality time
Right now you can save 25%* on any of our 30 parks and resorts across Australia, plus NRMA Members save a further 5%*.Learn more