We’ll always be fond of NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort because it was the very first place we stayed after we handed in the keys to our house and hit the road. Located on the south end of the Central Coast, it sits on one of the most beautiful beaches in the area. It’s also a really easy (as in, you couldn’t get it any easier) drive from Sydney and Newcastle, hence it’s a popular spot for weekend getaways.
And last weekend, as we walked from the van to the beach, we commented on how great it was to see so many families spending their weekends outdoors. Weekends here are one big, community get together with kids a plenty and a chorus of giggles and shrieks. During the week it’s a bit quieter but still as fun.
The beach is really beautiful with its creek, rockwall and gentle waves. If you walk onto the sand directly in front of the holiday park, there’s a strip of native trees that create an abundance of shade from late afternoon which makes beach time so much easier with little kids.
At this time of year the Central Coast is buzzing with summery vibes and NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort is the perfect place to stay. Features include:
- Two pools and a fabulous water park which provide hours of fun
- A great games room with plenty of options for kids (and their pocket money)
- Two jumping pillows and a great playground, all with shadecloths overhead
- Go kart hire for adults and kids
- A huge range of cabin accommodation including brand new ocean view cabins
- Safari tents tucked away at the back of the park which really do make you feel a world away
- Powered and unpowered sites as well as 8 ensuite sites
- An on-site shop and cafe selling food, coffee and grocery items
- Three large and beautifully maintained amenities blocks including children’s rooms and laundries
For those who want to do a bit of exploring while on holiday, NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort is so close to many of the coast’s best destinations.
It’s an easy five-minute walk to Umina Playground (one of the best on the coast) and the adjoining Jasmine Greens Kiosk and Cafe which is one of the most eco-aware I’ve come across in our travels (the coffee and food is superb). Ettalong Foreshore is brimming with beautiful spots to explore with your family and if you drive over the hill you’ll be rewarded with the beauty that is Pearl Beach and Patonga; small, seaside towns that boast stunning beaches and lovely places to eat. The Boathouse Hotel at Patonga has just opened (another fabulous addition to The Boat House Group) and offers the perfect spot to enjoy dinner and drinks on the weekend. If you’re after laid-back fish & chips and the chance to feed the pelicans, head to Fisherman’s Wharf at Woy Woy – it’s an iconic Central Coast establishment and the food is spot on.
And if you just want to check-in to NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort and stay put, you can. Because there really is everything you could want here. And your kids will be in holiday heaven!
Explore NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort
Discover why Ocean Beach is a family favouriteRead more